Bigger diggers for sand drags versus super scoopers

Moderator: sandaltered

Bigger diggers for sand drags versus super scoopers

Postby blown540 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:45 am

I was wondering how bigger diggers work for sand drags compared to super scoopers.
Blown alcohol rail application... about 2,000 hp
Any advice would help.
I run both mud and sand...
blown540

Re: Bigger diggers for sand drags versus super scoopers

Postby sandaltered » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:09 pm

In your application, with that hp, and the fact that you run both mud and sand Bigger Diggers would probably be the way to go.

The Bigger Diggers help with 60' times and hook hard. So they're great for shorter tracks. It's why the mud guys use them. They do tend to hurt mph for sure compared to a super scooper in longer distance. If you have a wide enough footprint with a Super Scooper you can get it to hook too. But the Bigger Digger will hook harder if you've got the hp to pull it down track.

Most of my customers buy 14 Bigger Diggers, no matter how high of hp they have. It's just the right amount of spacing between the paddles.

I've seen older Bigger Diggers try to roll back with a lot of hp and that can actually make them not hook at all. I know we've talked about that problem a couple times on here. But the rubber in the paddles now seems to be a lot stiffer, than it was. Though I can't guarantee that. With your hp, kevlar should be considered for sure to stiffen them up.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Return to Tech Questions