The Bull

Moderator: sandaltered

The Bull

Postby Red » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:38 pm

My uncle built this dragster last year after my dad rolled the altered dragster a year and a half ago.

The dragster was completely 3D modeled to optimize every inch of the dragster. Some very unique and custom touches were made to make this a one of a kind dragster. Now we are lucky to own and run a waterjet/machine shop, and were able to use those tools to turn out a first class product. Our fastest pass before freshening the engine up again and adding some more safety feature was a 4.0 @ 10,000' corrected altitude. The engine is a 440 Mopar, with a direct drive centrifugal blower, mag and an E85 blow through carburetor, all of which lays down and impressive 1100hp. We hope to race it at a couple races this summer. With some more tuning and air adjustments to the bigger diggers this baby ought to hook and book.

This is the Altered

Here is the dragster

Red

Re: The Bull

Postby tpatton » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 am

Good looking cars, keep us posted on the progress and times you guys are running with that combination. There's not many running that engine so it's refreshing to see. What type of track do you run? I'm assuming a loose sand
tpatton

Postby sandaltered » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Pretty cool. Keep us posted. I'm starting to build interest in the whole centrifugal supercharger thing.

My wife's car was actually a Mopar car originally. We used her 383 in it.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby Red » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Once you figure out all the bugs a centrifugal supercharger in my mind best suited for sand drags, and bracket racing. It brings alot of what is nice about turbos and screw blowers and puts it in a nice package. I know with the testing we have done so far the boost is there right off the kick like a screw blower, and holds that boost all the way down track very similar to a turbo. I know the big craz right now in most forms of drag racing is turbos, but in our sport most of the racing whether it be bracket racing or heads up is lost in getting off the line due to various track conditions and different styles of tires I think centrifugal supercharger are possibly the way to go.
I know alot of guys where I am at that run on the black stuff in the 1/8th mile and run the grudge racing they swear by them. But we we see in time if this one works in our setup.
Red

Postby Dreher Race cars » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:20 am

What size blower is it ?
Dreher Race cars

Postby Red » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:54 am

I believe it is a 98mm inlet.
Red

Postby Dreher Race cars » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:14 am

Is it a procharger?