new member building a motorcycle with a 13b for sand drags

Feel free to introduce yourself!

Moderator: sandaltered

new member building a motorcycle with a 13b for sand drags

Postby gerald m » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:42 am

One of your members ( Chainreaction ) was kind enough to give me some very helpful info on sno clutch set ups for my machine .. I am a member of the rx7 forum where I have my build threads etc. but I am always eager to learn more about sand racing so I thought I might be able to pick up some useful tips and maybe help a few sand racers along the way. feel free to pop in and have a look.. Comments and input are always welcome. Thanks for having me :) http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=936752..
gerald m

Re: new member building a motorcycle with a 13b for sand dr

Postby sandaltered » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Welcome. That sounds like an interesting build.

I noticed in your build thread you are from Canada. Where would you be racing?
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby Quicktripp3 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Welcome to sdc cool build.
Quicktripp3

Postby gerald m » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:38 am

sandaltered wrote:Welcome. That sounds like an interesting build.

I noticed in your build thread you are from Canada. Where would you be racing?

The first run will be 60 miles east of Saskatoon just off #16 .. There are two more at a couple of toy runs that I would like to take in but I am the only one I know of that is in a modified class so I might just end up chasing my own tail .. The one dew in Young SK. is a nice function and has the potential for a nice sand track .< so this year I just want to make a few appearances and try to spark a little interest and a bunch of noise .. It is mainly a biker function but that's the kinda boys we need to start building some of this stuff . I Would also like to find a good dirt bike rider in the group for my second gen cross mount rotary Bike , I'm getting to old to do this any more I.m better off building and watching some one younger run them. The first gen, The one I am building now is just a learning experience more than anything I guess . The next one I hope will be a challenge on most sand tracks. I 'm mainly interested in final chain drives and so on That are adaptable from the rotary engine to a final chain drive on the rear wheel so I will mainly be reading threads and learning about different drives that people are using .. One of your members Chainreaction has been very helpful I like his drive set up that is pretty much what I am looking for .. :mrgreen:
gerald m

Postby chainreaction » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:08 am

Gerald, welcome to SDC. It's been fun comparing and sharing notes on the RX-7 forum. You'll learn alot from this group of racers. I have. Compared to most of the guys on here, we're a couple of hacks. But, if you have an idea or problem, someone on SDC can usually figure out one or more ways to solve it.
Fear the weedwacker!
chainreaction

Postby gerald m » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:03 pm

Chain I haven't been promoted to hack yet I'm afraid I'm still down in the butcher department but I'm getting better so hack sounds good to me . I'm sure that the guys in the 7's forum think the same mind you there are a lot of 7's on the road that are just crap , I parted out one that was better than a lot of them that are D D.. It's surprising when it comes to sharing knowledge it always seems to be the guys that have learned the hard and long way, are the ones most willing to share what they know . :mrgreen:
gerald m

Postby gerald m » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:07 am

Quicktripp3 wrote:Welcome to sdc cool build.

Hi quicktripp thanks for the welcome
gerald m

Postby gerald m » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:47 am

Just a couple of shots of the Dragon before it hits the track . Getting the kinks out has been a bit of a job but it is very close to being ready a few more home runs and he should be ready to rip .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUdUz ... detailpage
Doesn't seem like 14 months since I posted here last ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUdUz ... detailpage
Thanks to Chainreaction for all the support and clutch tuning advise , I appreciate the time and effort Darryl ,without people like you builds like mine would be a lot more trial and error , at least this way there is a common place to start the clutch tune . Another nice quiet rotary for everyone to listen to. :lol: Buy the way good luck with the new engine hope it lasts as good as the first one .. 8-)
gerald m

The Dragon @ Swift Current Drag Racing Association Sk.

Postby gerald m » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:45 am

been a while since i've posted here . sorry for the short poor videos . it always seems i have no one to take videos . https://youtu.be/Co8bd-aGEPY?t=1https://youtu.be/osVMrT-IaiY?t=1 they restricted the Dragon to 100 mph breakout speed , acheived 86.3 inthe 1/8 mile and 96.6 in the 1/4 mile @ 13.3 sec. had to hold it back but was invited back in the spring to compete. looking for 140 mph around the 10 sec. mark. what a blast. have a good one gerald m.
gerald m

Return to New Members