Bruce Westfall II

Feel free to introduce yourself!

Moderator: sandaltered

Bruce Westfall II

Postby Westfall » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:30 am

Hi All,
If anyone remembers the Summit Machine from the 1980s- early 90s... that was us. I stumbled onto this site and have already seen old pics and names I have not seen in YEARS!
This past summer I had the pleasure of camping with Rod Emeheiser(sp?) Ron Spodar, Jim Wagner and of course my dad Bruce Sr.. They are all doing well. I spent 15+ yrs asphalt drag racing with several cars. Super comp and Top dragster mainly. Of course blown small blocks.

Additionally I spent a lot of time traveling with Jeff and Donna Wilson and their Top Alcohol dragsters and funny cars. They use to sand race and show up at Gravel. I believe Jeff had the ET record for years. I was lucky enough to have Jeff's help to obtain my NHRA Top Alcohol license and even ran one race in his dragster. That was a life dream realized.
I since have quit racing for the time being, bought a few Polaris RZRs and been trail riding recently with my dad and Jim Wagner. That's a lot of fun.

If there are any old time sand racers out there.... howdy!

I can be found several times a year at Silver lake, and from time to time seriously considering something "go fast" again!

I wish Zanesville still raced!! PS... I have stopped in to drink a beer or two at "Jug's bar" also in Newark, Ohio! That's right old Nutz n Gutz Jug Hazen even threatens the old hemis are still sitting in the corner!
Westfall

Re: Bruce Westfall II

Postby Westfall » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:35 am

I forgot to mention.... I had the pleasure also of racing a bit in the Pro Top Outlaw Org. with (against) Davey and Faith Price . LOTS AND LOTS OF NOS! Great people, and was fun to see again. They seem to be doing well also. He was the original owner and engineering of "SHowtime".
Westfall

Postby sandaltered » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks for dropping in. I remember talking to you at one of the last NHRA races at National Trails quite a few years back.

My brother ran in XB around the same time your dad did. We only really ran at Cleves for the class races and at the old Zanesville track a few times. Didn't do any of the Norwalk, Lisbon stuff.

If you ever want to take a look at stuff with paddle tires again, feel free to stop by. I'm just on the other side of Columbus from you in Marysville.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby sixpak » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:50 pm

He Bruce, John Brown here. Good to see your name again. Still racing the old Six Pak, well some anyway. My daughter started racing the jeep this past year and she is 17. She has been doing awesome all year but she has been racing since she was 3 on quaf of course so it's just the matter of learning the car. Picked it up like a pro!
sixpak

Postby Westfall » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 am

Hi John, I do remember you and your jeep. Very cool to hear from you! Glad to here you are still at it. Every year I say I will return to Gravel to spectate and something always comes up. Maybe this year. Mike, some day I just might stop in, it's nice to know you are that close. If there were more races and places to race the sand drags I would consider owning a huge pair of super scoops myself. I do miss it, and always thought it would be cool to build an orange, blue and yellow ride of my own. :)
Westfall

Postby Blown Income » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey bruce,
Jerry stephens here josh and i both lurk around this site good to see you stop by bob george came down to the last race we went to at gravel chad's benifit it was good to see him too. Guessing your still printing and doing laundry? Anyways just wanted to say hey
Blown Income

Postby Westfall » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:18 pm

Jerry! Howdy there... yes I am still printing and putting up with the laundry business as well. I remember Bubba saying he was going. I actually almost decided to come along but something came up. Good to here from you! I will try to get to Gravel this year... I heard you and Josh were going to exit the sport. Could it be so?
Westfall

Postby stang986 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Don't know if you remember me and my family. My name is Rick Marshall. My dad,mom are Rick and Robi are jeep was green with little hulk on the side and back holding a past blue ribbon bottom with a nipple on it. We also raced with your father, Dave and faith price, terry shook, ziggler family, pat Conner Aka Mr Quick, Joe Skaggs, Jim Wagner and his sons Matt and can't remember oldest kids name. Would you know how Jim's son Matt is doing been trying to look him up for years. I also see Dave Price a few times a year at the drag strip.
stang986

Postby Westfall » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Rick,
Yea, I do.. while admittedly a bit foggy. It has been years. Matt is still in the Akron area. I see him every few years. He is married and has a little girl I believe. I want to try to make it to a sand race one of these days.
Westfall

Return to New Members