West Kentucky Raceway 300' dirt drags

Feel free to introduce yourself!

Moderator: sandaltered

West Kentucky Raceway 300' dirt drags

Postby bossman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Hey guys, just became member of sdc, I would like to envite everyone to check out my track, westkentuckyraceway.com Located in western Kentucky 15miles southwest of Paduach. We run on modifications and weight spot system, (the old school way). We have 100% pay back with trophies and top eliminator trophies for our classes. We have alot of fun and it is for family. We have kids foot race, kids under 12 are free at gate. 10.00 for adults. Concessions available, bbq, hotdogs, nachoes, etc..... I hope this gives everyone another track that is exciting and close to come race with use. check out website... Thanks Jason
bossman

Re: West Kentucky Raceway 300' dirt drags

Postby Frank Martuscelli » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:46 am

Looked at your website, looks like a fun place. Can't ever see myself running there with all the rules you have come up with. How do you monitor all this stuff, you would need about 10 tech guys at each event.
Frank Martuscelli

Postby Hot Stuff » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:57 pm

I agree. How is anyone suppose to understand those rules? May as well just go with the EC4WDA rules!

Looks like a nice place, and I have a cousin that lives less than 2 hours away. Would make a nice trip!
Hot Stuff

Postby chainreaction » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:09 am

I wasn't going to comment about the rules as we are far enough away that I would probably never make it to their track anyways.
A quick ready through the rules seems to exclude most of the vehicles I have owned or the ones that race with our group. The required truck or car appearing body, maximum of 120" wheelbase, etc. don't seem to serve any purpose other than excluding vehicles for no reason. Their appears to be no accommodation for my little 70ci rotary motor and I would have to add 380# of weight to reach their minimum weight limit. But again it still appears that i couldn't race it even then as it has 135" wheelbase.
I can tell you from experience that when you make the rules too complex it only serves to limit your vehicle count and complicate the registration and race start up. The Monson Hill Climbs outside Springfield Mass are a good example. Their rules are so vague that they can, if they choose put you in any class they feel like, or exclude you from any or all if they choose. My last trip there I sat in staging for over 4 hours before I was even told if I would be allowed to make a pass. As much as I like the event, I haven't been back since.
Unless you have an enormous vehicle count, keep it simple! We did that 20 something years ago, and it works. We now have 5 classes: Top eliminator cars (quicker than 5.69 seconds), Street 4x4 (slower than 5.7), Top eliminator Bike, Trail ATV, Juniors.
Fear the weedwacker!
chainreaction

Postby sandaltered » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Welcome! Thanks for joining.

I've checked out your website a few times.
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby bossman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:34 pm

well, didn't know we was going to put down a place to race about the rules,these are the same rules that have been run at this track and others in our area, with some changes, but pretty much the same for the last 20-25 years... I have never turned anyone away, and If you bring it I will find a spot for you and your vehicle and a class that will work. I personally tech in all vehicles, and I have one tech man for atv's. There has been alot of racers and they keep coming back. I don't put up with arguements, It is really a lot of fun for racers and fans. I have been involved in this race track since the 80's. I purchased it 5 years ago and have been working hard to grow into a great family event, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks
bossman

Postby Hot Stuff » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 pm

That's great! The track looks nice. It's a haul for me, as I'm 4 hours from the IOK track outside of Cincy. But if I get down that way I'd definitely check it out!
Hot Stuff

Postby Dreher Race cars » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Same style rules we used to run at Bonne Terre ,Mo. years ago. At that time they were fair ,with a lot of close races at the finish line. However I haven't ran that type in quite some time ,with the staggered start. Looks like Ed Bunch ran down there at the end of last year and did really well. From what I can tell by the pictures it looks like there is not a porta tree or ET style light setup( Correct me if I'm wrong). So this is probably the easiest way for them to run with what they have.
Dreher Race cars

Postby badfrog » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:09 am

I have never turned anyone away, and If you bring it I will find a spot for you and your vehicle and a class that will work

Cant find a better quote anywhere- Great looking track. Rules are great and doing tech inspections is something every track should do. Showing people where they don't meet your rules is key, letting them race if its not a critical safety item is great. If they have a great time they will make the changes and be back.

Hope people keep finding more interest cant afford to lose any sand drag tracks that's for sure nice to see some new ones springing up!
badfrog

Postby bossman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 pm

thanks Dreher, rules are like Bonne Terra's from years ago, Races are close. Ed had great time, and has good running jeep. Hope to have more like his to come out and play. Crowd loves it, more noise the better. Would like to see anyone that can, come on out. I know it to far for alot, but I'm sure there are several that are close enough to make it. Thanks for everyone's support, it is greatly appreciated.
bossman

Next

Return to New Members