Honda has a fleet of wanna be subs.

Post all non-racing BS here.

Moderator: sandaltered

Honda has a fleet of wanna be subs.

Postby all throttle » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:53 pm

I read car buzz a lot and came acrost this. And because its an app on my phone I don't have the link but they do have a web site.

Honda Scrapping Over a Thousand Cars Ruined in Thai Floods
Dec, 28 2011

Hundreds died and billions of dollars' worth of damage was caused in Thailand's worst flood in 50 years, and amongst the thousands of businesses affected by the natural disaster, Honda was hit pretty hard.

As part of the automaker's recovery efforts in Thailand where its Ayutthaya factory churns out Brio and City compacts for the domestic market as well as the Jazz (better known as the Fit in the US), Honda has begun scrapping 1,055 cars damaged in the flooding.
Scrapping over salvaging has been chosen to eliminate the chance of damaged cars being refurbished and sold on to an unwitting public.

"While we were able to relocate many new cars that were awaiting shipment to a safe area, 1,055 vehicles that remained in the plant were finally damaged by the flood," said Pitak Pruittisarikorn, executive vice president of Honda Automobile Thailand. "We will not sell any of the damaged cars to customers, or sell or reuse any of the parts."

Due to extensive damage caused by the tragic event, Honda estimates six months' production will also be lost.
As the photos show, the cars are being thoroughly disassembled and scrapped, with certain parts, such as those made from aluminum, copper and plastic, to be recycled, and others such as steel components to be melted down. By the end of the process, no remnant of a car will be left.

I'm not say let's go kill all the stupid people..... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
all throttle

Re: Honda has a fleet of wanna be subs.

Postby sandaltered » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:29 am

Honda has definitely been hit hard this year with the Tsunami / Earthquake in Japan and the Thai flooding. While I was in Japan in October, I was able to see some earthquake damage first hand. And I've seen some flooding pics at work. That's the first I've seen that story. Our plants rely on small electrical components from Thailand so production was slowed a little here in Marysville. We should be back up to full capacity soon, if not already.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby all throttle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:00 am

I didn't have time to look it up last night. But the article from October.

$12,000,000 worth of Hondas Left Floating in Water
Oct, 18 2011

Over the past few months Thailand has been dealing with some of the worst floods in its history with home, businesses and factories feeling the full force of Mother Nature over a sustained period.

Since 4 October the Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co. Ltd. (HATC) based in Ayutthaya, one of the worst hit regions in the country, has been closed and as the Thai army prepares to deal with the national emergency, Honda will scramble to move cars from the Rojana Industrial Estate now under 5.1 meters of water.
The supply of cars to the Thai domestic market as well as the Asia-Oceania region has been seriously affected not only because of the necessary closure of their factory but also because the main highway leading in and out of Ayuttaya has become impassable, meaning the shipping of finished goods is now extremely difficult.

Honda's Accord, Civic, Jazz, CR-V, City and Brio are all produced here, most notably for the Phillippines, who are already reeling from the affects of the Japanese Tsunami. Unfortunately they look set to suffer further set-backs in terms of supplying Honda vehicles to the market.
"Honda is working diligently to overcome this temporary interruption and minimize the impact on Honda customers, dealers and associates," Honda Cars Phillippines (HCPI) said in a statement.

Other car manufacturers are located in this region, so if there is no let-up in the rain we could be seeing similar stories reported by rival car makers.

Now you can see them floating.
I'm not say let's go kill all the stupid people..... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
all throttle

Postby THE BOSS » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:14 pm

more trouble for Honda:

http://start.toshiba.com/news/read.php? ... %3E&ps=931

TORRANCE Calif, that is where i get my 2 pass take off blower belts, a smokin deal! i have to buy 4
THE BOSS

Postby all throttle » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:30 pm

So Mike, is Honda planning to build the new NSX at your plant?
all throttle

Postby sandaltered » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:20 pm

I can't really say much more than what's been released to the public.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -the-usa/1

I'm at the R&D center and the Ohio plants are right here by us.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby all throttle » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Yeah I know your right by the plant. I got to go thought the Paint area there to work on the roof with the overspray duck work. Cool place. Weird seeing it on a matinence week empty. But got to walk through the booth where the dashboards are painted. I was like a 3D mottion stop of the TL being built.
all throttle

Return to The Lounge