Gravelrama pricing and general q's

The home of Gravelrama

Moderators: sandaltered, grey ghost

Re: Gravelrama pricing and general q's

Postby Hot Stuff » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:03 pm

That's what I thought, but the pre-registration form isn't the clearest. At least for the newbie like me!

Thanks
Hot Stuff

Postby all throttle » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:37 pm

No I understand.
I'm not say let's go kill all the stupid people..... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
all throttle

Postby 501ranger » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:52 pm

meyers56 wrote:Is it the same tech wise for gravel as it was for the PTN race? We r only gonna be able to make it for the flat drags.

Its heads-up class racing. There is tech inspection so you might be required to have a roll bar unless you are in the stock or street class. Heres a link to the east coast four wheel competition rules. http://www.ec4wda.org/documents/Competion_Rules2007.pdf
501ranger

Postby meyers56 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:52 pm

501ranger wrote:
meyers56 wrote:Is it the same tech wise for gravel as it was for the PTN race? We r only gonna be able to make it for the flat drags.

Its heads-up class racing. There is tech inspection so you might be required to have a roll bar unless you are in the stock or street class. Heres a link to the east coast four wheel competition rules. http://www.ec4wda.org/documents/Competion_Rules2007.pdf

Now going through the rules and points i have no idea. thanks for pushing me in the right direction, what class are you guys in so i can get an idea. i know you guys have roll cage right.
meyers56

Postby 501ranger » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:59 am

Yes, we have a roll bar. Last year it had a 501 engine with aluminum heads, small roller cam, aftermarket pistons, carb, and intake. Weighing about 4600 pounds put us in the "Pro Modified B" class. My brother won first round on the flat drag with a 5.6 in that class then I bumped up to class A and shattered the front spider gears so he didn't get to run second round :oops:
501ranger

Postby meyers56 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:50 pm

Yeah see i assuming that we would have to have a roll cage to run that event. I know last weekend up to WMSD we ran a 5.04. I know we would be that fast there but i would know what it would do. Now did you have to have a roll cage for that class and what was the fastest time(ex. 5.0 and slower). thanks for the help.
meyers56

Postby all throttle » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:18 pm

All classes except street stock, fall into the same safety rules. Full role cage ( with corect diagonal bar and dash bar ), arm restraints or window net, snell 95 or newer helmet (unless it's been updated to 00 without me knowing) fire extinguisher, electrical requirements ( kill switchs ), fuel line requirements ( hard line or braided ), dual throttle return springs, drive shaft loops ( one each as mentioned ), battery box with cover unless under the hood. These are te kind of things that are checked BUT I recommend reading the rule book a couple times for the small details and requirements that you'll need, I know I left something out but it's late and I can't think of it. Now if you chose street stock it gets easier. Still a cage for open top vehicles like wranglers stock is fine. A fire extinguisher. Helmet DOT I believe. DOT tires only. And no faster then 6 seconds ( all street stock is on a 6 second index if that makes sence.)
I'm not say let's go kill all the stupid people..... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
all throttle

Postby meyers56 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks for that that makes it an easy decision for me maybe next year. thank you so much for all your help. I tried skimming the 80 page rule book, but it really needs to be simplified for newbies to understand(like me).
meyers56

Postby Hot Stuff » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:07 am

The fuel line, I believe is hard line or braided, if its under pressure. As the rule book states. So for me, only being gravity fed to the mechanical pump, am ok with rubber line to the pump, but hard after that. That's the way I read the book.
Hot Stuff

Postby all throttle » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:05 am

When I was Using my stock fuel line they told me max 6 inches of rubber line period. I gues it all comes down to what the tech guys want. Oh the shifter also needs a reverse lockout and a neutral safety switch.
all throttle

PreviousNext

Return to IOK 4 Wheelers - Cleves, OH