2009 GRAVELRAMA bracket race model

The home of Gravelrama

Moderators: sandaltered, grey ghost

2009 GRAVELRAMA bracket race model

Postby gary » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:23 am

IOK Four Wheelers, Inc
Model For Gravelrama Bracket Race

The following model is based on 100 vehicles/drivers, with 50 racing in a fast bracket (bracket 1) and 50 racing in a slow bracket (bracket 2). The model is set up to show the payback for an entry fee of $30.

This event is not sanctioned by the East Coast Four Wheel Drive Association (EC4WDA)

Driver’s must be registered Gravelrama Racers or Campers
Driver’s must be at least 16 years of age
Quads can enter and will be run with the cars unless there are enough to form a separate bracket.
Drivers must wear helmets, eye protection and seat belts.
Drivers who consume alcohol or use drugs will be disqualified without refund.
Vehicles must be roadworthy.

A vehicle can only be entered once in each bracket.
A driver can only enter one vehicle per bracket.
The same driver must drive an entered vehicle in all rounds.

Dial-in time will be declared prior to racing in round 1 for purposes of establishing the fast and slow brackets. After round 1, a driver may change their dial-in time at the starting line, but any new dial-in time must fall within the limits of their bracket.

100 Racers Times Entry Fee Of $30 Each For $3000 Total Money Collected.
2 Brackets With 50 Racers Each
70% Pay Back For A Total Purse Of $2100

12 Racers Would Win $10 Each in Round Money
6 Racers Would Win $20 Each in Round Money
4 Racers Would Win $30 Each in Round Money
2 Racers Would Win $270 Each For 2nd Place
2 Racers Would Win $600 Each For 1st Place

1st and 2nd Place Winners Not Paid Round Money

No Buy Back

26 Of The Entered Racers Would Win Something
gary

Re: 2009 GRAVELRAMA bracket race model

Postby gary » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:37 am

if anyone has a question feel free to ask.

anyone wishing to partake in this event can be a registered GRAVELRAMA racer or (camper who's vehical will not pass east coast tech)

more to come soon on this, i'll be putting up the spread sheet for fast and slow brackets to show you all how this will be broken down into rounds.

Thanks again,Gary
gary

Postby Mallow415 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:55 am

I never figured out how you can race cars and atv's together without the thought of something awful happening! Seems like that is playing with fire. I know at Big River we never put an Atv next to a Vehicle. One i think the insurance wouldnt allow it. Just my nickle worth.

The rest of the program looks great!
Mallow415

Postby afterSHOCK151 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:27 am

I agree with Mallow on the ATV's racing with cars not a good idea it hasn't happened yet but it is only a matter of time before it does and that will be very bad, and that will open the door for campers to bring in their ATV's for the race which we already have enough problem with them riding them around when they are not towing anything. The only ATV's that are suppossed to be there are for tow purposes and kids racing. If you allow campers to race their quads you'll have to let them bring them into the camp grounds and we'll have a ton more to deal with when they are not racing, oh wait they will park them when they are done, RIGHT. If they are camping and not racing they should not be bringing in ATV's.

Sure would have been nice if I.O.K. would have put up a small purse to pay the winners out of instead of more entry fees. I know they make quite a bit of money at Gravel or they would not do it. Or at very least pay out 100% of the ADDITIONAL entry fees I mean come on it is not costing them any more to do this over a test-n-tune.
afterSHOCK151

Postby sandaltered » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Good deal. I think my orginal opinion was Friday night would get more competitors but I'm sure there are more reasons for Thursday night. I personally like the round money. That's pretty cool. Asphalt has done it for years, so why shouldn't we.

I personally think you could get enough ATV's to have one class. And I personally don't see any ATV problems from 99% of the people on the grounds. IOK security just turns it into one. But that's a whole different story that doesn't need to be discussed in this thread.

Anyway, a bracket race is a bracket race. Should be good for Gravel. Bottom line. You may get some new competitors, you may not. I hope it works.

Now, here I go thinking outside the box. I expect the parade will not be done away with. So maybe it's Wednesday now. How about making the bracket race free for spectators, like Monday is? Why not toss out free admission passes to those on the parade route. If they come and see a good show, maybe they'll be inclined to come back on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. But the important part is they will need to see a good show. It needs to be quick, efficient, and entertaining. If it's a regular bracket race, with little announcing, a lot of down time, and nothing exciting happening, they are not going to come back.

So the focus needs to be on a professional, well thought out event that the customer (both spectator and competitor) enjoys.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby afterSHOCK151 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Sorry I'll keep my thought's to myself.
I'm not a I.O.K. member so like Mike said I shouldn't be bringing those issues up anyway.
afterSHOCK151

Postby chainreaction » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Vehicles must be roadworthy?
Fear the weedwacker!
chainreaction

Postby grey ghost » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:10 pm

I personaly would like to see the club put up money for each bracket but that my opinion ( it show we care about are racers
that come here) and the parade will be on Wednesday night . We hope that this will bring in more racers that will stay and race for Gravelrama because there is no entery fee for the next 4 days. We want feed back from you the racers so go ahead and give your .02
BLUE OVAL GANG FOR LIFE</br>
grey ghost

Postby Slow Poke » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:21 pm

This year (2009) will be my second year at gravelrama, so maybe my imput won't mean much but you asked for feedback. When I get there if you have lots of events that I can run my car in I will enter them all, the #1 reason is I like to compete, #2 I like to support the hosting organization. I had a great time at last years event. The best part of bracket racing is that your toughest competitor is usually yourself.
Slow Poke

Postby sandaltered » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:43 pm

Slow Poke wrote:This year (2009) will be my second year at gravelrama, so maybe my imput won't mean much but you asked for feedback. When I get there if you have lots of events that I can run my car in I will enter them all, the #1 reason is I like to compete, #2 I like to support the hosting organization. I had a great time at last years event. The best part of bracket racing is that your toughest competitor is usually yourself.

That is an excellent attitude. Very good post. And the last sentence says it all.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Next

Return to IOK 4 Wheelers - Cleves, OH