2009 GRAVELRAMA bracket race model

The home of Gravelrama

Moderators: sandaltered, grey ghost

Re: 2009 GRAVELRAMA bracket race model

Postby JMF350 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:58 pm

sandaltered wrote: How about making the bracket race free for spectators, like Monday is? Why not toss out free admission passes to those on the parade route. If they come and see a good show, maybe they'll be inclined to come back on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Good idea. I would think that you'd get more revenue for the beer wagon, and the vendors that are there. Not to mention, if some people would come that normally don't, you could hook them forever ;)
Nitorus is like a sl#t.... you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences.
JMF350

Postby sandaltered » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:34 am

JMF350 wrote:
sandaltered wrote: How about making the bracket race free for spectators, like Monday is? Why not toss out free admission passes to those on the parade route. If they come and see a good show, maybe they'll be inclined to come back on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Good idea. I would think that you'd get more revenue for the beer wagon, and the vendors that are there. Not to mention, if some people would come that normally don't, you could hook them forever ;)

All you have to do is look at ADRL for that scenario. Their admission is always free. Their races are absolutely packed.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby all throttle » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:01 am

Drop admission and expand concessions. I still think an inflatable slide or trampoline for the kids to keep them occupied. A mist station for the spectators.
I'm not say let's go kill all the stupid people..... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
all throttle

Postby sandguy356 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:42 pm

1. Love the "round" $$ idea, like Mike said, the asphalt has been doing that for a long time, good thing somebody is trying it.
2. Again, keep it like the ADRL, free admission, the club will make a bunch of $ on concessions and other stuff, the inflatable bounce house is a great idea too, get people hooked on thursday and they will come back for the races on the weekend.
Guess this means I'll be taking a "sick" day on thursday that week.
Mud racers
90% talk 10% actual racing
sandguy356

Postby ironmaiden » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:49 am

having a bracket race on thursday is a good idea. It's good to see that I.O.K is changing things up a little. If you are going to race a ATV aginst a full sized race car going 80 or 90 mph your nuts ,like Jim said this is a accident waiting to happen. Letting the public in for free on thursday is a great idea mike its amazing how many people will come to see something they have no interest in if its free ,who knows some of them may come back on friday. I had fun for years at Gravelrama before I started racing there so for me its more about the people and the party ,the racing is just something to do during the day.
ironmaiden

Postby afterSHOCK151 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:49 am

All good ideas free admission, something for the kids to do, just look real hard at not running the cars with the ATVs we don't want anyone getting hurt it's just not worth it. I agree with Justin the people the party the atmosphere is half the reason most of us go, the bracket will be a nice addition for those of us that don't have a shot in heads up speaking for myself of course. Lets just go racing already.
afterSHOCK151

Postby redbaron8 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:23 am

man you guys have got realy good ideals. i think there all great. i got one little penny thought. i think we can all agree to this but staging has been a problem for a long time at gravel.i hate being in staging and just listning to some pa telling me who one even if you can hear it. to me it sucks. dont you think with both side roads we could use them to watch also.( we pay gate fee to.) let the guys that drag the track park in the bowl . like i sayed just a penny thought .
redbaron8

Postby sandaltered » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Yep, Rob. That's the one thing about Gravel. If you're racing you never get to see the race. That's the one reason I like the Hillbilly Proud videos. You get to see everything you missed. :D
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby all throttle » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:25 pm

i really wanted to see that bronco that won best engineered run and I missed it. Give staging a mega phone.
I'm not say let's go kill all the stupid people..... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
all throttle

Postby JustaJeepII » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Especially when we've got 4 or more people racing in different classes. We miss most of the racing sweating our a$$es off in staging. At a minimum, all PA's should work, the one behind the pavilion still didn't in August.
Ability is what you're capable of doing, Motivation determines what you do, Attitude determines how well you do it.
JustaJeepII

PreviousNext

Return to IOK 4 Wheelers - Cleves, OH