Quick 8 Pro ATV WMSD & ISD points series

For the racers without roll cages.

Moderator: sandaltered

Quick 8 Pro ATV WMSD & ISD points series

Postby THE BOSS » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:38 pm

we are putting together a quick 8 Pro ATV (and little dragsters sno mo and motorcycle powered) class at 4 events. it will be in conjunction with the points series within the 2 tracks, WMSD and ISD

it will be as it is now just for fun class. the entry fee will be $20, the track gets $10 and i will be holding on to the rest for the champion.

as of this minute i have been to busy at work to knock on doors and have not found any sponsorship funds, we had a lot of fun with this last year.

for sure there will be trophies for 1ST and 2ND at each event, and the same for the champions at the end with some payout.

WMSD June 12 and august 21
Ionia June 26 and September 25

hope to see your faces at the races!!

all the rules and information will be given to you at registration the day of the event. any questions ask away
THE BOSS

Re: Quick 8 Pro ATV WMSD & ISD points series

Postby THE BOSS » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:44 pm

here is all the boaring stuff....................

Both race track systems will be picking the random ladder. at ISD i think at this time you will be adding a letter to one your existing number. at WMSD we will be reserving number 1A through 8A, #1 qualifier will receive #1A, #2 will receive #2A and so...... the the 8 names with the assigned number will be turned into the tower for there system to pick the random ladder then be posted with the rest of the ladders.

points system. 10 points making the field, 2 points per win, 3 points for the winner of the quick 8. this is to attempt to keep from having a tie for the champion. if there is a tie, we will have a run off at the end of the series.

we are doing 4 passes per grade, be considerate to the others behind you in the ladder.

pick your dial, what ever yo want. if it goes into the next day you get to pick you time again. dial time changes after the ladder is done are per what ever the track rule is.

we are going to pick a time to bring your time slips to see who makes the field, we are going to stick to a strict cut off time (it will be announced at the event and the last round of time trials) if you or someone does not bring your time slip and your late, sorry you don't get in. we need the time slip and the entry fee when we meet to sort it all out.

number plates will be used at WMSD, at ISD we can add a letter to any existing number, maybe a Q i think.

entry fees will be $20, $10 to the track and all the other funds will be saved for the winners at the end, that is $320 we will have for sure, maybe more. the split will be decided near the end, it depends on how much funds i collect from sponsors etc. if we get alot we can go back 4 places, time will tell on that part.

no rider swaps, the rider qualifying must be the rider during eliminations.

also no bike swaps, the number and bike must be the same all day.

all track rules apply.

staging, please do courtesy staging and no burn downs, no foul can occur if you do not follow this rule.

any modifications done to the chassis of racing machine, please bring it to my attention.

ATV, you ride on it, anything goes.

dragsters will be allowed if it has a ATV, snowmobile, jet ski, motorcycle type engine in it. no automotive engines allowed in these machines.

running order will be in the Top Fuel spot at WMSD, Gregg will pick the spot at IDS for the quick 8 there, he knows some need cool time.

information sheet will be handed out when you enter other classes, so there shouldn't be any confusion race day.

there will be trophies for 1st ans 2nd at each race and the top two in the points. i am working on more.

if i forgot anything please bring it to my attention.

if a difficult situation come up and a ruling must be made in this class, it will addressed by a committee of 3 that has been chosen already.

Thanks everyone!!
THE BOSS

Postby THE BOSS » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:38 pm

This weekend, i hope to see all of my Quick Pro ATV friends there!!
THE BOSS

Postby SHOCKER FATHER » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:57 pm

You will even see this slow one!!! Image
GO SNOMO OR DON'T GO
SHOCKER FATHER

Postby THE BOSS » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:26 am

Make sure you bring Matt with you!!
THE BOSS

Postby THE BOSS » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:15 pm

Points by memory: (the official notes are in my truck)

Superkid 10
Brad Adams 10
Stephanie Thorpe 10
Stephanie Taylor 10

Travis 12
Steve Ewing 12

SHOCKER 14

Cory Hamlin 17

anyone that enters The Quick 8 Pro ATV is automatically entered into the points structure for the Pro ATV Quick 8 championship

Postby THE BOSS » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:59 am

Quick 8 Pro ATV race #2 this weekend @ WMSD

hope to see your faces at the races.

Can Shocker win 4 firsts in a row?? he sure has been on a roll lately!!
THE BOSS

Ionia Sand Drags/WMSD points series Final Results

Postby sanddragsfan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:42 pm

2010 Ionia Sand Drags & West Michigan Sand Drags 4-Race Point Series Final Results

PRO Class:
1st Place Jim Brantley - 80 points
2nd Place Charlie Willis - 55 points

PRO ATV:
1st Place Brad Adams - 65 points
2nd Place Stephanie Roth - 40 points

SPORTSMAN:
1st Place John Schultz - 70 points
2nd Place Mike Moll - 65 points

ATV:
1st Place Shawn Roth - 60 points
2nd Place Brad Adams - 50 points