Deleting Posts and Banning Members.

The hightech campfire.

Moderator: sandaltered

Deleting Posts and Banning Members.

Postby sandaltered » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:47 am

At this point I don't have an official policy for delting posts or banning members. Fortunately I've never really had to do either unless requested by the poster.

I simply ask the following. Make sure the way you type something is exactly how you want it to be said. Sometimes we have miscommunication based on how a post is misread and that starts trouble. I do not want to see personal attacks on the site. If you have trouble with somebody air it out in PMs. Not all members want to see your fighting. They are here to see race schedules, results, tech info and just have a good time.

Right now Sand Drag Central is the only forum for car sand drag racing that is not directly linked to a specific track or racing organization. We are non-denominational, so to speak. Therefore it is a good source of communication for everybody to use.

I'm not saying that every post has to be sunshine and roses. If you see a problem, call it out. That's what forums are for. Try to do it in as constructive manner as possible. When the attacks become personal, I will step in and ask you to handle in PMs. However, I do believe in free speech so please speak what is on your mind.

Thanks for all your support. We are getting many members daily and the post from the last few weeks set a new record for members online, which shows you everybody likes a little drama. :lol: Let's just not get outta control. I've seen several people over the years who like to fight with their keyboard. They end up making so many enemies that they finally had to stop showing up at the track. Not from this site, but others. That is just plain stupid. We don't need that here.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Re: Deleting Posts and Banning Members.

Postby compromised#2 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:03 am

YEAH RICH YOU BETTER WATCH YOURSELF!!!!!!!
BAMFT FOR LIFE
compromised#2

Postby quad killer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Nobody likes to be shut down when it comes to free speech
I have been involved with a couple incidents of posts being deleted
and to be honest it pissed me off, however I think this was a good
call and a fair one

thanks Mike for having the site and maintaining it for us jokers
quad killer

Postby traveler » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:18 pm

I agree with you Mike and hope most will police themselves as normally happens on here. I always liked your site and the people that post on it - I almost always get a few chuckles as I read through them. Don't let a few out-bursts wear you all down - it's a forum and it can happen - every now and then someone will have a bad day. :(

if limits are not set it can get out of control really quick. what worked for me (on the MRA site) was to just ignore the post (as much as possible) that were aimed at trying to stir the pot (hard to do at time - but does help) if a racer is looking for an argument it is hard for them to keep going when no one answers their insults with one of their own.

Keep up the good work - I really feel that sites like yours improve as well as help the sport prosper and grow.
traveler

Postby 4stroker » Mon May 03, 2010 8:25 am

[quote="quad killer"]Nobody likes to be shut down when it comes to free speech
shall we open this topic back up?
BARKERS PERFORMANCE
CHRISTY NEWSREEL
US27 MOTORSPORTS
SANDTOYZ UNLIMITED
TYSON RACING
LOUTH RACING
4stroker