Help for sand drag website wanted!

The hightech campfire.

Moderator: sandaltered

Help for sand drag website wanted!

Postby Sebastian Lindau » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi!

Currently I'm designing a german sand drag website. On this site I would like to install a menu option under wich the visitor can find out, what is actually sand drag racing. The thing is now, I know some stuff about the sport but not enough to deliver real profound informations to the reader. So, here are my questions:

Know somebody a couple of websites with informations about the history of the sport?

It would be nice, if someboby could give me a list of the usual classes and rules in sand drag racing

Then a would like to have more informations about the track. Light barriers on start & finish - that's logical. But are there any others on the track (like the 60ft in a "classic" drag race)? And what ist the minimum wide of sand drag track?

That's just the most important questions. I'm thankful for any kind of information, that I can put on the site to make it more attractive for potential interests. Thanks!

Best regards, Sebastian.
Sebastian Lindau

Re: Help for sand drag website wanted!

Postby Sebastian Lindau » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:24 am

:| Nobody got some Informations or at least some links for me...?

Best regards, Sebastian.
Sebastian Lindau

Postby Bluejay » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 am

I looked up Iona sand drag way Michigan and they had a nice list of track info. Good luck bro. My family came from Germany 1935
Bluejay

Postby sandaltered » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:17 am

Sebastian Lindau wrote:Hi!

Currently I'm designing a german sand drag website. On this site I would like to install a menu option under wich the visitor can find out, what is actually sand drag racing. The thing is now, I know some stuff about the sport but not enough to deliver real profound informations to the reader. So, here are my questions:

Know somebody a couple of websites with informations about the history of the sport?

It would be nice, if someboby could give me a list of the usual classes and rules in sand drag racing

Then a would like to have more informations about the track. Light barriers on start & finish - that's logical. But are there any others on the track (like the 60ft in a "classic" drag race)? And what ist the minimum wide of sand drag track?

That's just the most important questions. I'm thankful for any kind of information, that I can put on the site to make it more attractive for potential interests. Thanks!

Best regards, Sebastian.

Sorry, I missed this first time around.

Unfortunately I don't have a good knowledge of history. I suspect sand drags started in the west coast with the duners and worked its way east as 4WD and Volkswagen buggy vehicle popularity increased. ATV drag racing started somewhere thereafter (probably early 80's).

The usual classes in 90% of the cases are bracket racing classes like you would find at an asphalt track. However, there are Top Fuel, Top Alcohol and other heads-up classes depending on the track.

Rules are not so standard and vary from track to track or area of the country.

Yes, our lights are pretty typical with an asphalt track. Track length is 300' (typically) and most tracks have 60' timers and mph.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby Sebastian Lindau » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi!

Thank you, guys. That will be helpful. If somebody got further Informations, please post it here. Thanks!

Best regards, Sebastian.
Sebastian Lindau

Postby Sebastian Lindau » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi!

The site is online now - unfortunately everything in German ;) Hope it is a good start for the sport over here => www.sanddragracing.de

Best regards, Sebastian.
Sebastian Lindau

Postby sandaltered » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:51 pm

It looks good. We'll get you a banner up!
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby Sebastian Lindau » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:12 pm

sandaltered wrote:It looks good. We'll get you a banner up!

That's great! Thank you Mike.

Best regards, Sebastian.
Sebastian Lindau

Postby JonJ » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:41 pm

The site looks great, I like the pictures, but i couldn't understand of word of the text?
Good luck, good job.
JonJ

Postby Sebastian Lindau » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:02 am

JonJ wrote:...but i couldn't understand of word of the text?...

May be because it's in German...?! Google translator helps. But I know - German is a difficult language.
Sebastian Lindau

Next

Return to Bench Racing