What do you guys do with non-paying customers?

The hightech campfire.

Moderator: sandaltered

What do you guys do with non-paying customers?

Postby sandaltered » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:40 am

Here's a good question for you guys that own your own business.

A set of tires got shipped before I got paid against my better judgement. Actually they were made a lot quicker than I expected and I didn't know they were ready to ship until I got a tracking number. I had a lot of prior conversation with the customer both on here and another website about the tires.

Of course he was sending the check right away, but I didn't get it. I have had that situation come up a couple times where checks coming to me have been lost, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I asked him to please send another check. After that I had no further contact with him. He has only responded one time when I explained again that I hadn't received a check and that I was going to call the authorities. I've PM'd him several times on a forum he frequents quite regularly with only the one response. I send him a new invoice regularly as well. Still no response.

I trust all you guys in the sand community. I've always felt we're a pretty tight group. This guy is not a racer, but is pretty vocal and active in the dune community. I haven't had this issue before and I now take payment prior to placing any order. I apologize one person had to ruin it for the rest of you.

I know every business owner has faced this, just looking at what most of you do to get your money. And just so you understand the time frame, this will be 1 year in March.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Re: What do you guys do with non-paying customers?

Postby Dreher Race cars » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:11 am

That sucks. I guess if he is a duner he is not from around our area? What state is he from?
Dreher Race cars

Postby sandaltered » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:22 pm

Ya, it sucks.

If the tires would just show up on my doorstep, he'd never hear another word from me.

I'll just say he's close enough that we had a jack and a cordless impact with us while we were on vacation. :lol:
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby Bob502 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:27 pm

I did not do this
Bob502

Postby superjeep » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:45 pm

it sucks mike ,in 40 years of doing business it still happens to us .managers are to get a deposit before they special order a none returnable part but we still get bit from time to time . one of the down sides of being in business . still doing it so it must not be all bad lol.
superjeep

Postby Hired Gun » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:50 pm

If you really want to tie it up, interview a few lawyers and find one you trust. He'll be able to direct you on how to proceed, they shouldn't charge you for a consultation. So, you could take the guy to court or... You could post this situation all over every website you go to with the guys name and ask if anyone else has had this problem with him. That would probably either get him to pay you or have him sue you for defamation.

Option 3: Get some friends together and have a collection party in the dunes.
Hired Gun

Postby sandaltered » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Bob502 wrote:I did not do this

LOL. No, you're good Bob.
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby sandaltered » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:30 pm

superjeep wrote:it sucks mike ,in 40 years of doing business it still happens to us .managers are to get a deposit before they special order a none returnable part but we still get bit from time to time . one of the down sides of being in business . still doing it so it must not be all bad lol.

Thanks Dave. That's good info. Honestly, most people give me credit cards or paypal me the same day they order.
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby DRAGONFLY » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Mike post their name , and drag them in the mud
DRAGONFLY

Postby Sebastian Lindau » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:32 pm

I agree with Hired Gun. Find a good lawyer and squeeze the money out of 'em. Menace with the court is often very effective. But next time don't wait twelve months; )

And from my point of view it's not a problem if you want a prior payment. If someone really want some paddles, he will pay them - even previously.

Best regards, Sebastian.
Sebastian Lindau

Next

Return to Bench Racing