American Heroes

Home of the U.S. Army Racing Sand Dragster

Moderators: sandaltered, badfrog

American Heroes

Postby badfrog » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Ive added this section to get some pictures of anyones family members serving in any branch of the armed forces- post up so we can give them the props they deserve.
badfrog

Re: American Heroes

Postby badfrog » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Now you cant be a sand racer and not know this face- Chad Ohmer United States Marine Corp. Ive known Chad for years outstanding guy had to send him a care... or be-care-ful package last year about time to send another haha. Nothing short of proud, from a great family and hopefully will see him this year at Cleves.

badfrog

Postby Jarhead1775 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Semper fidelis
Drive it 'til it sounds expensive
Jarhead1775

Postby THE BOSS » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Kyle Richard Wiedmayer, my son in South Korea guarding the sub he help operate. he operates the firing systems when underway, meaning firing missiles, torpedoes.....
This when Kyle recived his "Dolphin" that is when you are officially one of the trusted skilled crew members. it take 8 to 10 months on a sub to gain that status.
that picture was taken on there way to Japan underway (under water)
THE BOSS

Postby badfrog » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:53 pm

My cousin- Major Jodi Sweezy United States Marine Corp. Shes been to Iraq over thee times and works in Washington D.C. right now. Very proud of her and my uncle Robert Sweezy also in the Marine Corp-

badfrog

Postby badfrog » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:53 am

Talked to Dave and Chad Ohmer last night- Chad is getting ready to ship out to Afganisan soon- On behalf of myself and my family best wishes to him hope to see him back soon. He promised to keep us posted and send pics so look forward to that.
badfrog

Postby Merseal Motorsports » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Be safe Chad! We will be keeping you in our prayers.
And THANK YOU for your service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Merseals
Merseal Motorsports

Postby badfrog » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:31 am

Talked to Chad again this weekend and got some pictures of where he will be going this summer from his buddies that just got back. Chads family was down visiting so got that chance to talk to Dave and sounds like they were all having a good time!

Here is a dug up pressure plate for an I.E.D

This is a shot of the main base- a helo bringing in some marines.

The patrol takes a short rest

This picture shows the unique small doors that you have to step up to go through with mud wall surrounding it.

Some ingenuity here- putting two wheel barrels together for a make shift grill.

Here is a picture of the compound observation post. The troops sleep under the netting. Above is the look-out post where look outs are stationed round the clock. On the ground are boxes of M.R.E.'s
badfrog

Postby badfrog » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:38 am

Here is the patrol walking the main road next to the compound. Their mission over there is to keep this road clear so supplies can come in and out of the main bases. The soldier in the middle with the antenna is Mark a buddy of Chads that just got back.

To the left of the smoke is the compound. The day before a contractor was attacked and what you see is the smoke from the truck as a bunch of kids set it on fire. I'm thinking those boys are in for a harsh time out!

The squad got some halloween masks from home- good to see them in good spirits no pun intended!

badfrog

Postby scrappy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:55 pm

thanks for your service chad!
scrappy

Next

Return to U.S. Army Racing