Big Races

Post any upcoming races here.

Moderators: sandaltered, quad killer

Big Races

Postby Bob502 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:48 pm

I was just wondering if our track's are going tell us when there date's will be for the big races. It would be nice if they would,so we can plan on which races to go to.
And I'm not talking about just Michigan. Went south last year and had a great time. Early would be nice. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Bob 502 and good looking too ;) ;) ;)
Bob502

Re: Big Races

Postby sandaltered » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:55 am

I did a little snooping around and posted some 2013 schedules that are available. I've heard nothing of big or special races
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby sandaltered » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:26 pm

And not long after I post that I see this pop-up on FB. I know our MO friends were pretty worried about the fate of Big River. Hopefully this helps the situation:

Big River Sand Drags

It is with great pride that I announce after a two year separation I will be returning to Big River Sand Drags in 2013 as the Executive Director of Operations. I’m thrilled to be re-entering the racing industry to help the growth and success of Big River and the sport of sand drag racing.

What does this mean? What should you do? I’m sure you are asking yourself these questions and more. First of all, this means Big River Sand Drags will remain open. I will be leasing the facility but my intent is to ultimately purchase BRSD. It has been my lifelong dream (ever since starting alongside my Grandpa Buck and “Big John” McCulloch) to own and operate a sand drag track. Those of you who know me can attest that I am not afraid to invest all that is necessary to produce successful shows. So, what should you do and what I need from you bear the same answer. Stay committed - committed to the sport and committed to calling Big River Sand Drags your
home track. Be patient as I work through the details and organization of not only the upcoming season, but also the huge business decision that I am making for myself and my family.

There will be some changes. Know that I will consider every option and change as if I were a racer, fan and promoter. The overall goal is to make BRSD better than ever. Sand drag racing HAS been and ALWAYS will be the primary sport offered at this venue. However, in order to be successful I will have to think outside the box. My plan is to create a venue that offers a variety of motor sports events. However, right now my main focus is scheduling and promoting a full calendar of sand racing events for 2013. In order to ensure a successful season, this will require the assistance and cooperation of neighboring track owners and promoters as well as - that’s right - input from you, the racers and race fans.

You may have noticed that the website (www.bigriversanddrag.com) is now inaccessible. Worry not as a new website will be launched sometime early next year. For now, continue to monitor Facebook for updates, contests and polls while utilizing the message button and timeline to communicate helpful information or questions.

Thank you for your continued support of Big River Sand Drags and the sport of sand drag racing. I am honored to have this opportunity to serve you!

Sincerely,
Jason Harris
Aka “Spongebob”
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby Mallow415 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:40 pm

I talked to Jason the other day and he is really wanting to make this work!!!! Please give him any advise that you can!!!
Mallow415

Postby Red » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:14 pm

All the best wishes the BRSD. I know how hard it is to make such a venture work. As far as big races I have talked to Charlie at the dirt 300 in Albuquerque NM. The 2nd annual Nitro Nationals sand drag race is a go. When I fi.d out dates and details I'll post them.

Is there any news for PTN series for this year? I know our family is planning on going up to MI for a race just wondering if that schedule is up yet?
Red

Postby Mr. ET » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Please go to www.sanddragways.com for the updated schedule.
PTN will be hosting its Pro Shootout weekend format on July 19th and 20th warm ups to the Nationals.
The Nationals will be the following weekend with our Top Fuel class.. See our web site for details on both. Flyers are up now.
Thank you!
Buddy
Mr. ET

Return to Upcoming Events