race results for brookville July 21 fair race

Post any results here.

Moderators: sandaltered, quad killer

Re: race results for brookville July 21 fair race

Postby sixpak » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:17 pm

I would like to sat thanks too for EVERYONES hard work. Race in no way would have happened with the collective efforts. I was standing beside someone when they were grumbling and I asked them if they ever put on a race before. They said no, then I told them I understand why they would be upset, then I walked away.
sixpak

Postby Transbrake master » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:47 pm

I think the weekend the way things turned out proved rather decent for just about everyone. Sure people such as Justin, Scott, Joe, Ryan, Steve and anyone else who felt some pressure at times didn't necessarily jump up and down with excitement but I can tell you they did make the call that we were racing Saturday and it got done, regardless of how late it was. The track was one-of-a-kind, best track iv ever been down in my short 5 years but nonetheless it was awesome. No race track can give you a perfect itinerary. All I can say fellas is Otis had a damn good time racing this weekend; I even tore my shit up doing it! As for the gentelman who felt scrumptious of giving some due credit, you should come get u an experience at gravelrama, guarantee your comment will be 5x as long :lol:
Transbrake master

Postby sandaltered » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:19 pm

There is one thing that's predictable about the Franklin County Fair Race. It's always unpredictable.

I can say I was probably in attendance at the very first Franklin County Fair Race sitting in the crowd while it poured and poured and poured. Things haven't changed. The club never knows what it's going to end up with on Friday morning. They've cleaned up wrecked derby cars, knocked down motocross tracks, rewired the whole timing system.......... You name it. It's been done. It has to be one of the most difficult shows to put on in Sand Drag Racing.

I thought we would be one of the first people there showing up at 11:00am Friday. The officers were already there getting it done! And it was apparent they had been there a long time. They moved in shortly after the motocross race finished Thursday night and worked their butts off. Using their own equipment, borrowed equipment, etc. The shut down was completely flooded as well as the starting line. There was a motocross track built in the staging lanes. Several spots in the pits were under water.

At just before 1:00pm on Friday here is what the shutdown looked like:

I took this picture much later on the track once some people started making some fun runs:

These guys weren't giving up. It was obvious nothing could be done for Friday, and most thought Saturday was out of the question. The kids started pretty much on time, but it took a ton more work with the shutdown to get the rest of the racers going.

Overall it was a great race. Did it go smoothly? Hell No. It never does. Did these guys put 110% effort into it, so we had a place to race? Hell YES!!!! I was tired and wanted to go to bed, but the races were too damn good to do it. Some of my best friends kept going round after round. Running dead-on their dial-ins to the thousandth. Cutting perfect lights. Hanging the front wheels up in the air to half track. It was a pretty awesome show. Would it have been better if the real spectators would have been there to see it? Absolutely. It just couldn't be pulled off.

Thanks to everybody who pitched in to let us play. I had a blast with all my friends. And that's really all I care about.

It was awesome to see all the people throw money at the closest to dial and best reaction time. It was also great to hear people talking about the points and who was in what place. This is only the third race!!!

Congrats to Justin, Brian, Scott and Thomas. You guys put on a helluva show!
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby sandaltered » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:37 pm

A little track photography my Damian. Great pics as usual:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/? ... 304&type=3

If anybody has video of the truck endo, please post it. My engineering mind won't accept what happened. :D Glad the driver was OK.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby Silverback » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:38 am

I didn't show up on Saturday until 4, because I called some other racers who were keeping me up to date about the schedule. After seeing the track Thursday night and being able to race on Saturday (taking a few passes on Friday was impressive, especially for me with new gearing in the rear end) is a credit to those working their tails off. Thanks, putting on a race is a unappreciated position.

Help me out with what the issues are with IOK. I'm a member there and I know some changes would be great. Being able to show some opinions of racers would help. Not many IOK members race anymore and are out of touch with racing. Thanks for the help.
Silverback

Postby Bob502 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:17 am

I was not there and I thank-you for your hard work. If they are working for free SHUT-UP.
bob502
Bob502

Postby I$$UE$ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:17 pm

I agree with pretty much everything all the others have already said. Justin, Scott, Ryan, Joe, and Steve all did a great job. To see what it looked like early Friday I was thankful to get to race at all over the weekend. Its easy to complain about a late start, but hats off to the work the guys did to get us where they did. I took a picture of the shutdown early Friday morning as well.

I$$UE$

Previous

Return to Race Results