race results for brookville July 21 fair race

Post any results here.

Moderators: sandaltered, quad killer

race results for brookville July 21 fair race

Postby Empty Pockets » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Someone will have to help me with who was in which spot. Justin dees and Brian Harrison were fast class winners. Scott bare and Thomas Meyer were slow class winners. Thanks to everyone who helped out this weekend it was kind of crazy around there. Thanks to everyone who stuck it out this weekend. We had a lot of rain Wed and Thursday which made a mess for us to deal with. We had 123 cars which is an awesome turnout!! We tried our best to make it a good race for everyone hope everyone is happy as we are about how the race turned out!!
Empty Pockets

Re: race results for brookville July 21 fair race

Postby wwlbolt » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:46 pm

happy no body is happy to have a drivers meating at 10pm and not run a car down the track till eleven you rush rush rush like your going to put a cable up at five thirty no time trials after that so i blow of my saturday over time to come out there and make sure i get my time runs in...
when i could of showed up at 4pm even five and got my over time and my time runs in
you guys make i.o.k look like NHRA just my 2 cent worth
wwlbolt

Postby Jarhead1775 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:03 pm

The cable deal was for Friday... not Saturday. It was posted on here and Facebook in as much information and detail as I could possibly put.

We cannot control mother nature anymore than the next person. It took several days and many people to make the Saturday race happen.
Drive it 'til it sounds expensive
Jarhead1775

Postby tpatton » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:32 pm

very unfair to criticize these guys after what they did to make even Saturday possible. Do you not have phone to make sure of what was going on?
you may have been the only person to have a bad experience this weekend. Maybe you should just do the IOK races. I for one applaud the efforts e eryone made to give us a great week end. Thank you for giving me the best weekend I have had racing in years, I especially like all the kids that enjoyed Friday without the parents racing. Playing in the mud and getting to run down the track was great for them
tpatton

Postby Never Enough » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:46 pm

tpatton wrote:very unfair to criticize these guys after what they did to make even Saturday possible. Do you not have phone to make sure of what was going on?
you may have been the only person to have a bad experience this weekend. Maybe you should just do the IOK races. I for one applaud the efforts e eryone made to give us a great week end. Thank you for giving me the best weekend I have had racing in years, I especially like all the kids that enjoyed Friday without the parents racing. Playing in the mud and getting to run down the track was great for them

Couldn't have said that better myself. Anybody that was there on Friday knows how wet the track was and how much work it was for them just for us to be able to race on Saturday. And as far as IOK, I don't remember them having 123 cars to run through either atleast in the last few years!
Never Enough

Postby nick-m » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:04 am

that was the first franklin co fair race ive been to in 15 years but only because i wasnt racing during that time!! seems like the club always had some problem yet always comes through with one of the most competitive races of the year!! this weekend most clubs would have called it off!! my wife &i left about 3:30am with prob 4 to 5 rounds left . no regrets!!! the fair races are always goin till way after midnight..so if you dont spending a full day at the races dont go to the fair race!! hats off to the club!! cant wait till next year!!
nick-m

Postby adrenalinerush » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:08 am

I challenge anybody to do a better job than Scott, Justin and the crew did at this race. It looked more like the everglades swamp on Friday. It was a miserable mess and I seriously had doubts that we would race at all Saturday. The track ended up having killer hook and made for some great racing. It takes a ton of work and effort to put one of these races on when the weather is nice....let alone dealing with all the rain and mud. We all know going to the fair race is going to be a long day, and this one lived up to its reputation. Congrats to the winners.

Jason
adrenalinerush

Postby Empty Pockets » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:25 am

Sorry you feel that way wwlbolt. We done everything we could do with what mother nature gave us no one expected 123 cars but I'm glad everyone came out and had a good weekend! The only other thing I could of done was limited the time runs to one a piece but I don't like doing that. Being a racer myself its nice to get a pass in both lanes. I know some people only made one myself included and some people never made any just dialed off what they know there car runs. Not sure if you seen the track Friday or not but i think Jason hit the nail on the head! Thanks to you other guys on here we appreciate the compliments were all new at running a race track but we are trying are best to make Franklin county one of the best tracks around!
Empty Pockets

Postby ironmaiden » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:59 am

I'm not sure if people know this so I'm going to post this. No body you see at the track on Friday and Saturday is getting paid. Let me say that again NO ONE IS GETING PAID. Everyone you see working their asses off on tractors, graders, pulling chips, and calling numbers are there volunteering there time and in some cases there own equipment to make these races happen. the Franklin County 4-wheelers are non profit they put these racing on to support a sport they love. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion about how things are handled I just wanted to let people who may not know how things work in the club.

Justin Dees
ironmaiden

Postby nocents572 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 am

We know that we obviously can't make everyone happy even though we try at every race. Everyone is entitled to their opinion's and we listened to them all day Saturday, good and bad. For those that don't know there were many of us working on the track since Thursday. Like Justin said we are all volunteers and do this because we are not only racers but fans of the sport. With that said I would like to thank all of the people who VOLUNTEERED their time, equipment, and support to make the race possible! I wish that I could name them all but it would take all day. Also, thanks to our long distance travelers from Evansville, and Missouri,Ohio and Kentucky! We would love to have you guys back any time.

Scott Smith
"Life's tuff....It's even tougher if you're stupid" John Wayne
nocents572

Next

Return to Race Results