Gravelrama Results

Post any results here.

Moderators: sandaltered, quad killer

Gravelrama Results

Postby sandaltered » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:38 am

Sorry, I was on a business trip all week. I kinda expected to see some discussion when I returned. But I forgot that's what Facebook is for.

Anyway, there was some intereting stuff going on all week.

For me waking up at 5:00 am Friday morning to still hear the bracket racing going on was pretty crazy. Even though most of us were predicting it at the driver's meeting. A 6-cylinder winning A-class on the drags. Can somebody tell me the last time that happened? Brian Harrison's final round pass in XXA. :shock: I missed it, but I heard Ryan Wilson put on a crazy show in round 1 as well. The red Sonoma was definitely impressive and very deserving of best engineered. Luckily it was parked at the truck shown on Sunday so I got a good chance to go over it. Very, very nice. Unfortunately, I think he's really showing how antiquated the East Coast rules are.
A couple very young racers making it to the finals of the Bob Black Eliminator. Congrats to Andrew and Denae. Congrats to everybody on a very good show.

The one question I have: Why was C Class so small?
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Re: Gravelrama Results

Postby Jarhead1775 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:42 am

Everyone was afraid of the Mistress :lol:
Drive it 'til it sounds expensive
Jarhead1775

Postby I$$UE$ » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:26 am

I know that my last pass of the bracket race was about 5:30 and I got home about 6. That made for a long day at school. As far as C class goes, I know I am C class legal and I think the winning car down there was running low 4.8's or high 4.7's on the flat drags. The best I was getting out of my truck was 5.1's. I'm sure there are others like me that just don't see the point in racing when odds are pretty well set that you can't win. A good light can make up a lot, but I'm not sure about 3/10ths. But that is just me.
I$$UE$

Postby adrenalinerush » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Whats this Facebook stuff you speak of???? Guess I'm behind the times since I'm not on there.

Not sure how many were in C class, but the numbers were down a little. Seems like some of the people that ran C last year were in B class this year.
adrenalinerush

Postby sandaltered » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:45 pm

We sat in our spot for the drags and it was 2nd round of C Class and there were only like 6 left. I remember in the past few years 1st round staging for C class took up the whole darn bowl. Thomas is right. You can only get beat so many times before you say the heck with it, I guess. But I was actually glad to see new faces in the winner's circle.

On a sad note, I saw that Jerry Zaugg passed away today after winning first place in the obstacle course last Monday. The Grasshopper had been at all 42 Gravelramas. It's cool that he got to go out on a winning note. I saw he's going to be buried in his first place jacket. RIP Jerry.
Sand, Mud, and ATV Drag Racing Performance Parts
Mike@MKEMotorsports.com
937-243-6791
sandaltered
Site Admin

Postby Hot Stuff » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Jarhead1775 wrote:Everyone was afraid of the Mistress :lol:

Hahaha...... really??? Haha

Sorry Jason.

My car is legal d class, but I forgot my weights and decided to run c class. Glad I did just because it was smaller. Guy in our group was the 6 cyl a class winner, pretty impressive too!!! And another girl in our group won the bracket slow class. I think, all in all, we all thought this year was pretty good, other than IOK dragging their feet.

I heard rumors about trying to kick East Coast out of gravel and making the whole event non sanctioned. Just a rumor I heard. Who knows?
Hot Stuff

Postby nocents572 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:46 am

I for one enjoyed myself this year at Gravelrama! I thought that the IOK crew did a good job this year but security was a little too tight on Saturday night! But they all have a job to do and I appreciate them doing it. As for Facebook, I think everyone has the app on their phone so it's become a little more convenient to load photos and stuff of that nature. I still come here for all the scoop Mike! This year was my first time over the big hill and somehow managed to get third place in XD! Looking forward to the benefit race coming up!
"Life's tuff....It's even tougher if you're stupid" John Wayne
nocents572

Postby JustaJeepII » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:16 pm

sandaltered wrote:On a sad note, I saw that Jerry Zaugg passed away today after winning first place in the obstacle course last Monday. The Grasshopper had been at all 42 Gravelramas. It's cool that he got to go out on a winning note. I saw he's going to be buried in his first place jacket. RIP Jerry.

Don't intend to hi-jack but, since you mentioned it...

Not only was the Grasshopper at all 42 Gravel's, Jerry raced it in ever single one of them... Out deepest condolences go out to the Zaugg family. What an awesome Gravelrama racing 'family' tradition they have. We went to the funeral and it was gripping to say the least. Right down to having the Grasshopper tow Jerry through the cemetery to his final resting place; what a sight. Godspeed Jerry, you will be missed but never forgotten.
Ability is what you're capable of doing, Motivation determines what you do, Attitude determines how well you do it.
JustaJeepII

Return to Race Results