Moderators: sandaltered, quad killer

PTN Championship Weekend 2013 @ WMSD Race Results

Postby tb258 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Results Link --> National Sand Drag News Daily Race Coverage

Russ Bailey - Pro Outlaw Winner
tb258

Re: PTN Championship Weekend 2013 @ WMSD Race Results

Postby tb258 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks for all the Congrats I've gotten on the huge weekend via text, FB, e-mail, etc. Honestly I’m still in shock. Just racing against the PTN Pro Truck racers is a privilege. No offense to anyone else, but this is the toughest group of bracket racers top to bottom anywhere in the country. To win Pro Truck on Saturday night and take the PTN Pro Truck Championship is just an amazing feeling.

There were a lot of folks that helped make this happen. The biggest thanks goes to Lee Reynders for letting me pilot the Orange & Blue machine this weekend. For those that didn’t know, Lee’s daughter’s Wedding Reception was on Saturday. So when he realized he couldn’t attend the race, he gave me the opportunity to go for a Championship & try to do what he did in 2011. I couldn’t have asked for a more consistent race car, it’s a definite bracket killer. My Dad did an awesome job as always crewing and keeping me focused. He’s now not only a better driver, but a better crew guy than me. It was great being able to win another championship as a Father-Son effort. Jim Brantley was a huge help letting us use his quad to tow with on Saturday, and was always there to lend a helping hand throughout the weekend. Neal Swain helped us out Friday night with the fast turnarounds in the Pro Shootout eliminations. Thanks to these guys for helping make this happen.

I can’t put this together without thanking Buddy Hammett for all of his efforts in putting the Pro Truck Nationals program together for this season. I know how much time, energy, and money is spent to put together a great event that draws racers from across the region. Thank you, Buddy! And last but not least, there would be no PTN without the man that started this whole circus. I’ve been there alongside him from the start and experienced the highs & lows on the promoter side of the fence. This man has poured tons of money into the sport, not to mention the endless hours of planning & organizing as well as the execution of the plan at the track to give racers the greatest experience in sand drags. Thank you, Rich Simon!

Thanks again everyone. See you at the races.

tb258

Postby quad killer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:24 am

Thank you Tom! You are a great racer and friend. I just want to say how proud of you I am. The series lives on in excellent hands. Buddy and you have done a tremendous job of carrying on what was started for the racers. Congrats again and you are the MAN!!!!!!! On a side note BRI BRI you Rock!!
quad killer

Postby bad company » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:54 am

Big Congrats Tom! You did a great job all weekend. You deserve the cup, you ran tough both nights. Big props to Super Stig, Brian McWethy. He did an absolutely amazing job in the jeep, err, Cadillac (as he called it). Way to go!! It was great to spend some time with all of our out of town friends. Steeles, Wilsons, Harneys, Casey, Drehers, Weis'. It was great to see all of you. And a big thanks to Kay Dreher for the clean t-shirt.. ;)
Also a big thanks to Bob Ramlow, Dave Deloof, Matt Ewing, Matt Flaugher, and anyone else who was in the tower (I don't recall who all was there). Thanks for the help. You are truly great people.
bad company

Postby N_Swain » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:59 am

^^^^^^
What they said. I would also like to thank Isaac. It definantly makes it a lot nicer when you know what is going on and all the info that he gives out. Dylan did an awesome job handing out time slips and prizes. I'm not sure what happened to the pro truck field this weekend but everyone was going after the tree. I was shocked that with a .009 reaction time on Saturday I was still only #3 on the qualifying list. I hope everyone had a chance to go checkout out the lonestar graphics trailer. They do an awesome job. I had a blast spectating this weekend after losing 1st rd both nights, I hope everyone else had as good of time as I did. Good job everyone involved.

Neal
N_Swain

Postby Dreher Race cars » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:28 am

Had a great time in Michigan even though luck was not on our side. After driving 10 hrs.to get there ,Wies and I somehow managed to qualify to run in each other in first round of Pro Shootout (in what i think was a 26 car field). What was worse is it happened again the next day in Pro Outlaw. That makes 6 times we have been in Michigan and have had to race each other first round. :shock: Dan took the win friday in a close race to the finish line. Qualified #2 in the F2 car on saturday in Pro outlaw and was out first round again(broke the blower belt right after the car shifted about 40 ft off the line, looks like maybe a rock went between the belt and pulley) now charger doesn't sound right spinning it over by hand and will probably have to be sent back for repair. Other than that there was some great racing with a great field of cars congratulations to Tom Bray and Russ Bailey on there Big wins. Thanks to the WMSD crew for a job well done and keeping the track nice.Thanks to Buddy Hammet for keeping the Pro Truck Championship alive. It was great to see all the people we haven't seen for a while and meet some new ones. Hats off to everyone who helped make this happen and to the sponsors for their support. Until next time. John & Kay Dreher
Dreher Race cars

Postby Hired Gun » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:38 pm

We had a great time over the last week/weekend! Big thanks to Buddy, Tom and the whole Briggs family for making us feel welcome, putting up money and putting up with us. :lol: Saw some great racing and the show ran smooth. Thank you for having a place for us to race up there! I continue to look forward to seeing what you all can and will do in the sand drag world!

Glad to see the Ben is ok after his run in with an out of control tow rope!

Despite bribe attempts, telling him I didn't make qualifying passes, and threatening the guy who makes the brackets. In a last stitch effort. I had to throw a rock at Johnny's car while we were going down the track to make his blower belt come off, just so I could be up 1 more race on him in our 1st round race off's at WMSD. :P Nothing that the track has done, just the way the cards have fallen for the last few years. I think even if we entered different classes up there and we'd still get each other first round. :lol:
Hired Gun

Return to Race Results